stories told and songs sung

Life is full of stories and songs. By sharing them, maybe we see a little more clearly how we are all connected.

Name:
Location: Deep South

I grew up in Texas and then went off to college in Tennessee. There I met my future wife in a great story you'll have to hear someday. Med school was back in Texas. We got married during my 2nd year. After med school, it was on to Neurology residency in the Deep South. Now that I'm a full fledged neurologist, I'm just trying to balance it all with a new baby on the way...

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Cracker

Anyone who knows me knows that, besides music, another big obsession is watching TV series. Once I get into a series, I watch it obsessively. I guess with a series, you get to know the characters better, and I buy into their stories. Anyway, my newest obsession is the British show Cracker. Of course I highly recommend it. It's about Fitz, an overweight middle-aged psychologist (played by Robbie Coltrane of Harry Potter/Hagrid fame) who uses his astute psychological analysis to solve crimes. But since it's British, you really get into the characters' lives. Fitz sees so easily into these criminals' lives and what drives them to commit the crimes that they do. But this is juxtaposed beautifully against the total shambles of his on personal relationships. Obviously I highly recommend it, but if you could watch one, watch the episode "To Say I Love You." It is an interesting look at how far we will go for love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home