stories told and songs sung

Life is full of stories and songs. By sharing them, maybe we see a little more clearly how we are all connected.

Name:
Location: Deep South

I grew up in Texas and then went off to college in Tennessee. There I met my future wife in a great story you'll have to hear someday. Med school was back in Texas. We got married during my 2nd year. After med school, it was on to Neurology residency in the Deep South. Now that I'm a full fledged neurologist, I'm just trying to balance it all with a new baby on the way...

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Rich Mullins

I heard a song today that brought back a vivid memory. The song was Sometimes by Step by Bebo Norman in a sort of posthumous duet with Rich Mullins (a la Natalie Cole with her father on Unforgettable). It was the first of many Rich Mullins songs to touch my life. It reminded me of the time in college when I found out that Rich Mullins had died in a tragic car accident. I was at church with a friend, and the pastor announced that he had died. He asked us to pray for the youth group for whom he was on his way to lead worship, and we bowed our heads in silence. After a few moments, a solitary voice sang out, "Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven above..." The entire congregation joined in on Rich Mullins' most famous song, in full harmony, and the air in the room was alive with energy. By the end of the song, there was not a dry eye in the place. Though he is gone, he lives on through his music. Thank you, Rich Mullins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home