stories told and songs sung

Life is full of stories and songs. By sharing them, maybe we see a little more clearly how we are all connected.

Name:
Location: Deep South

I grew up in Texas and then went off to college in Tennessee. There I met my future wife in a great story you'll have to hear someday. Med school was back in Texas. We got married during my 2nd year. After med school, it was on to Neurology residency in the Deep South. Now that I'm a full fledged neurologist, I'm just trying to balance it all with a new baby on the way...

Sunday, March 12, 2006

phases of marriage

Janelle and I just celebrated our third anniversary this past week, and we had wondered if we were no longer newlyweds. We had a marriage Q&A this morning in Sunday school, and the moderators discussed the five stages of marriage. The first two years are the Young Love phase, and the next phase is the Realistic phase for years 3 through 10. I guess since we're in Phase Two, we are officially no longer newlyweds. According to our moderators, one of the principal tasks of the Realistic Phase of marriage is "child-proofing" it. Janelle says that seeing firsthand the trauma of the birthing process on her ob/gyn rotation has successfully "child-proofed" our marriage for now, though not quite in the way our moderators intended when they used that phrase. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger LSI said...

malarky! is that a word? phases of marriage are for people with feelings. I mean, people with a disproportionately high amount of feelings. Who need phases and stages to guide lives! Malarky!

There's only one phase of marriage you should be concerned with - a lifetime.

:) sL

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home