stories told and songs sung

Life is full of stories and songs. By sharing them, maybe we see a little more clearly how we are all connected.

Name:
Location: Deep South

I grew up in Texas and then went off to college in Tennessee. There I met my future wife in a great story you'll have to hear someday. Med school was back in Texas. We got married during my 2nd year. After med school, it was on to Neurology residency in the Deep South. Now that I'm a full fledged neurologist, I'm just trying to balance it all with a new baby on the way...

Monday, March 20, 2006

good food, good company

We just got back from a trip to Houston to visit family and friends, and despite getting the windows of my car smashed out in a random act of vandalism, it was overall a great trip. We spent some real quality time with my brother, my best friend, and their respective significant others. And we spent a lot of that time together over great food. My love of good food is only a close second to my love of great music, and Houston definitely has great food. Interesting decor, creative flavor combinations and visual presentation, and great conversation. What could top that?

We also visited the Body Worlds exhibit, which was fascinating, especially given our medical background. Really it made us wish that we had been able to study anatomy from plastinated bodies. The notion of dead bodies posed as art was interesting as well. In one way, there is no better display of God's creative power than the human body, but in another way, putting preserved human flesh on display for view by the general public seems a little irreverent. Either way, one of the most fascinating and amazing displays I have ever seen in a museum.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Body Worlds is crazy cool. And it does seem a bit irreverent to display all that for people who can't appreciate all that they're seeing. But it's the closest most lay-people will get to the anatomy lab/autopsy experience.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home