stories told and songs sung

Life is full of stories and songs. By sharing them, maybe we see a little more clearly how we are all connected.

Name:
Location: Deep South

I grew up in Texas and then went off to college in Tennessee. There I met my future wife in a great story you'll have to hear someday. Med school was back in Texas. We got married during my 2nd year. After med school, it was on to Neurology residency in the Deep South. Now that I'm a full fledged neurologist, I'm just trying to balance it all with a new baby on the way...

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Funny quotes

Here are some funny things my patients have said when I've asked them about their past medical history. Welcome to Alabama, I suppose.

"I got the high blood."
"I also got the gouch."
"I had prostrate cancer, but I'm cured now."
"Rheumatoil arthitis."
"I had a bleeder on my left kidney."
"I had me a bout of vomicking."
"I was fixin to gonna go unda consha."
"He done fell out," [used so commonly that we refer to it as DFO]
"I done slep worser"
"I got fireballs in my eucharis" [fibroids in my uterus]

3 Comments:

Blogger Megs said...

Sorry - couldn't figure out how else to send you a message. There is no longer any Megan & JJ. If you're going to link me, please change it to:
http://hopedoesnotdisappoint.blogspot.com

i do hope that you two are well - things sounds like you are. :)
~M~

1:57 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Victor,
I'm really bad at commenting. I wanted you to know that I keep up on your blog and usually end up laughing out loud. I also share your stories with my mom (she's a nurse), so there is much mirth from your experiences!
jen

9:08 PM  
Blogger Megs said...

i love y'all - and thank you for your prayers. :) The love and support that i have received has been the greatest blessing - far beyond anything i could have imagined.

Also, i agree with Jen, i'm always enjoying your blogs. :)

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home